Knot Resolver 1.3.0 released
Knot Resolver 1.3.0 has been released.
- Refactor handling of AD flag and security status of resource records. In some cases it was possible for secure domains to get cached as insecure, even for a TLD, leading to disabled validation. It also fixes answering with non-authoritative data about nameservers.
- major feature: support for forwarding with validation (#112). The old policy.FORWARD action now does that; the previous non-validating mode is still avaliable as policy.STUB except that also uses caching (#122).
- command line: specify ports via @ but still support # for compatibility
- policy: recognize 100.64.0.0/10 as local addresses
- layer/iterate: do retry repeatedly if REFUSED, as we can't yet easily retry with other NSs while avoiding retrying with those who REFUSED
- modules: allow changing the directory where modules are found, and do not search the default library path anymore.
- validate: fix insufficient caching for some cases (relatively rare)
- avoid putting "duplicate" record-sets into the answer (#198)